When is Valentine's Day 2024?
Valentine's Day in 2024 falls on Wednesday February 14th.
What is Valentine’s Day?
Valentine’s Day, also known as St Valentines Day or the Feast of St Valentines is a celebration for lovers to show their affection with greeting cards and gifts. Given their similarities, it has been suggested that the holiday has origins in the Roman festival of Lupercalia, held in mid-February.
What is the meaning of Valentine's Day?
Valentine’s Day began honouring a Christian martyr named Saint Valentine. It is believed Saint Valentine was imprisoned and executed for secretly marrying couples in ancient Rome during a time when marriage was forbidden. In modern times, Valentine's Day is a popular occasion for people to express their love and affection for their significant others.
What Countries Celebrate Valentine's Day?
Valentine's Day is celebrated in many countries around the world, including the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, and many countries in Europe, Asia and Africa. In some countries, Valentine's Day is a cultural holiday that is celebrated by people of all ages.
What to Get Your Girlfriend (or other special someone) For Valentine’s Day
There are many different gifts you could get your significant other for Valentine’s Day. Here are some of our favourite ideas - sometimes the classics are the best!
- Flowers: A bouquet of her favourite flowers can be a romantic gift that is guaranteed to make her smile.
- Chocolates: A box of chocolates or a chocolate gift basket can be a sweet and indulgent treat.
- Jewellery: A piece of Valentine's jewellery, such as a necklace, bracelet, or pair of earrings, can be a meaningful and sentimental gift.
- A homemade gift: If you are creative you could consider making something special for her; such as a piece of artwork or a special meal.
- A memorable experience: Make some special memories with an activity or experience, such as a spa day, a cooking class, or tickets to a show or concert.
- A thoughtful card: A handwritten card with a personal message can be a simple but meaningful gift.
What to Write in a Valentine’s Day Card
A Valentine’s Day card is a perfect opportunity to tell someone exactly how you feel about them - but when you come to write it, it doesn't always feel so easy to get it down on paper! Here are some of our favourite ways of approaching the message inside.
- Share a heart-felt message that expresses your feelings for your loved one. This could be a short poem, a letter, or just a few simple sentences that express your love and appreciation for them and everything they do.
- A romantic quote - Chose a quote that captures the essence of your relationship. This could be from a book or maybe your favourite film.
- A memory - Write a message about a special memory you share with your loved one, this could be a first date, a first holiday or something funny that’s happened to you.
- A promise. - Write a promise to the future such as always being there for them or always making sure you start the day bringing them a hot drink in bed.
Valentine’s Day is all about love and affection and is an opportunity to celebrate that love with someone special and strengthen your bond.
If you are looking for some Valentine’s Day gift inspiration be sure to check out our personalised jewellery collection for that extra special touch.