We werken alleen met hoogwaardige, gerecyclede en duurzame materialen, zodat je je favoriete stukken elke dag en voor altijd kunt dragen.
We hebben een paar tips en trucs die je kunt gebruiken om je stuk er als nieuw uit te laten zien.
Care and Storage
Always store your jewellery pieces so that they don’t rub together, scratch or tangle. Rather than storing them in a box, hanging necklaces can help avoid tangling. Also remember to keep your chains fastened so they don’t become tangled.
Silver jewellery should be kept in a dark, cool and dry place. With time and wear, sterling silver will naturally become oxidised and eventually tarnish making it look black. Storing silver jewellery in a sealed plastic bag or airtight box when it is not being worn will keep out the air that causes oxidation.
Do not keep jewellery in direct sunlight as prolonged exposure to sunlight can cause many gemstones to fade and lose their colour.
Silver is H2O sensitive, try to avoid submerging pieces in water because over time the Sterling Silver will oxidise. Also take care to avoid extreme humidity or heat as this may cause tarnishing.
Your jewellery is particularly susceptible to damage from the effects of chemicals present in perfume, hairspray, make-up, nail polish remover, body oils, sun tan lotion and deodorant. All of these can make pieces prematurely tarnish.
If you are slightly allergic to your earrings, or get a rash or itchy reaction when wearing them, try switching to wearing solid gold jewellery or try putting a little bit of clear nail varnish on the post and butterfly. When it eventually wears off just re-apply it.
Tarnish and Cleaning
Silver jewellery should be kept in a dark, cool and dry place. With time and wear, sterling silver will naturally become oxidised and eventually tarnish making it look grey or black. It can be easily cleaned with a polishing cloth or dip cleaner,
Earrings can often react to your natural body chemistry making the posts appear black. This will not harm your skin.
If your pieces are in need of some cleaning, you can use a mild washing up liquid with warm water and a soft toothbrush, then rinse with clean water and pat dry with a soft cloth. Do not leave any piece of jewellery damp.
Even something as strong as solid 9ct solid gold deserves some loving. To maintain its beauty, scrub lightly with a soft toothbrush and warm water.
If you wear a lot of jewellery it is worth investing in a polishing cloth or liquid ‘dip’ cleaner for keeping your pieces shining for longer. Cleaning products for silver are readily available in larger supermarkets. Alternatively, check out our blog post on eco-friendly jewellery care for tips and techniques to make your jewellery bright and shiny again!
Silver is a soft metal that is easily scratched or tarnished.
As individuals we all have very different skin types which don't react in the same way to substances that it comes into contact with. The acids will vary in your skin which can affect the speed at which the silver will tarnish when it comes into contact with the natural oils of your skin.
Solid gold is a precious metal that will not oxidise or discolour, since it is the least reactive metal. The 9ct alloy gives our pieces their beautiful, subtle hue. It is also an active lifestyle’s best friend; it scratches less and doesn't bend or wear out as easily as 18ct.
9ct gold is 37.5% pure gold, with other metals making up the other 62.5%. People often prefer to have a higher percentage of gold than this, as it makes the metal more precious, but 9ct is favoured by some as the high proportion of other metals makes it more hard-wearing. If you want a more long-lasting ring, and don't mind it being less 'pure', then 9ct is the choice for you.
Rose Gold is made of a beautiful mix of gold and copper - there is no such thing as 'pure rose gold' - 9ct rose gold contains 37.5% gold.
Over time, 9ct gold may dull from contact with detergents, moisturisers and other chemicals - ideally you would take the piece off as needed to protect it from such substances. If it does dull then even a quick buff with a soft cloth should brighten it up. 9ct Gold will eventually show scratches from every day wear and tear.
Freshwater Pearls are sensitive in nature, so don’t forget to treat them with love. Avoid direct contact with chemicals found in perfume or other cosmetics. DO NOT use ‘dip’ style jewellery cleaner on Pearl jewellery.
Always remember that your jewellery should be the last thing you put on and the first thing you take off when dressing.